Buildings & Grounds Supervisor
Los Angeles, CA 90028 Full-time Salary: $20.00 to $22.00 /hour
Seeking a candidate who can assess our outdated way of doing things and bring renewal and efficiency to our custodial and security departments. This would include current duties, equipment, supplies and scheduling. Candidate must have managerial experience and envision these departments as part of our larger mission to serve.
At least one shift per week will have you working full custodial duties.
If you are ready to tackle this on a large campus with 8 buildings and many uses, we are interested in hearing from you.
1. Schedule custodians and security officers on a monthly basis using Publisher or other software. Refer to Planning Center to assess need to schedule extra staff.
2. Refer to Planning Center to ensure staff executes setups as requested, and tear downs are done in a timely manner.
3. Reach out to outside security (Spear) and custodial (Reliable Resources) companies to cover gaps as needed.
4. Create and maintain a positive relationship to enable you to be the liaison between our outside cleaning company (Coverall) and FPCH Staff regarding requests from either party and information about spaces or items not prepared as anticipated. Relay requests and comments to Facilities Manager as appropriate.
5. Create a schedule of daily responsibilities for Custodian and Security. Provide training to complete these duties.
6. Supervise custodial and security staff disciplining and documenting as needed. Do their performance evaluations and assist them in working towards their goals.
7. Review bi-weekly payroll of 3 custodians and 3 security officers on One Point ensuring leave requests are reflected and punches are correct.
8. At Facilities Manager’s direction, assist vendors providing maintenance and repair for electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc. on campus and in parking lots. Provide input/feedback to Facilities manager so that an up to date list of 3 preferred vendors in each field is maintained.
9. Respond to all emergency repairs dispatching either staff or preferred vendor. Train evening custodian to do the same.
10. Order all building and cleaning materials and supplies. Maintain an appropriate inventory and current list on Excel.
11. Responsible for knowing, following, and training on OSHA and Cal-OSHA requirements and regulations. Makes sure that FPCH is compliant. Communicates to Building & Grounds staff procedures to follow. Alerts the rest of staff if they need to be aware of safety issues as well.
12. Serve as a member of the Safety Team once created and implemented by Facilities Manager.
13. Ensure that custodial/security staff are doing a daily walk through of campus collecting trash on sidewalks, in parking lots, and around the exterior of campus.
14. Make keys as directed by Facilities Manager.
15. Organize and keep tidy all Custodial supply closets and storage areas
16. Assist Facilities Manager with implementation of Asset Essentials software. Utilize this software to provide all buildings and ground staff with the correct information.
17. Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Remain up to date on OSHA and Cal OSHA standards (training at least every two years).
- CERT or other emergency preparedness training current within two years.
- Requires working knowledge of computers- specifically email, Microsoft Publisher, Word, Excel.
- Requires phone communication skills to order from vendors, request service calls, gather information.
- Requires knowledge of, or willingness to learn, Planning Center program for rooms/resources.
- Requires knowledge of, or willingness to learn, One Point program for staff payroll.
- Requires good communication skills with co-workers and those hired to do work on campus.
- Requires management skills including the ability to direct others.
- Requires a working knowledge of custodial needs on a campus of the size and age of FPCH.
- Requires enough knowledge of building maintenance to direct vendors to appropriate location on campus and give a general explanation of the issue.Other Requirements
Sitting, standing, walking, occasional lifting up to 25 pounds, communication with staff in other departments.