Scrolling down, you will also find the Order of Worship.
Please find this week’s ePres and general Announcements below that.
On Sunday morning before the service click to download
the Order of Worship.
- In-Person Worship: Continuing Sunday, December 6th at 8:30am, outdoor, in-person worship will return to the FPCH campus. Worship will resemble the Contemplative Service and will meet in the courtyard outside Mears. Space is limited to 50 people and registration will be required. All current Covid safety regulations will be observed. We will continue to have our regular, weekly video worship service. To register for in-person worship, please email our Worship Coordinator, Joletta Sells.
- Advent is Here! Mark your calendars for the in-person Advent Services on Saturday, December 5, 12, and 19 at 10:00am outside Mears! Fraser Fellow Nelson Steinert will be giving the first homily on the theme of Mercy That Restores. To RSVP, email Dean Choi.
- Longest Night: Women’s Ministry invites all FPCH women to a Longest Night event on December 21st at 7PM. This event is an opportunity to recognize that this holiday season carries many emotions – not all of them joyful. On the longest night of the year we corporately recognize that God meets us in the darkness. Please RSVP to email@example.com to get the Zoom information!
- Advent and Christmas Schedule: Currently the schedule for Christmas and Advent services is as follows. Please stay tuned to this page as the information below is subject to change and further information is forthcoming:
- Saturday, Dec 5 @ 10:00am – In-person Advent Service in front of Mears. Sign-up info above
- Saturday, Dec 12 @ 10:00am – In-person Advent Service in front of Mears. Sign-up info above
- Saturday, Dec 19 @ 10:00am – In-person Advent Service in front of Mears. Sign-up info above
- Thursday, Dec 24 @ 5pm – In-Person Family Christmas Eve Service. Sign-up information TBA
- Thursday Dec 24 @ TBA – In-Person Christmas Eve Service. Sign-up information to come.
- Seeking Volunteers for Advent! The Advent Team is looking for volunteers to greet and set up chairs at 9am for the Advent Services held on Saturday, Dec 5., 12, and 19! To sign up, contact Dean Choi.
- Please be vigilant about Email Scams. Messages will appear to come from Pastor Tim and ask for a favor and an immediate reply. Just a reminder, no one on the FPCH staff will ever email you asking you to send money, perform “some tasks” for them, click a link to learn more, or include a vague message asking for a “favor” and for you to respond immediately . You can hover your cursor over the sender’s email address (without clicking it) to view the address of the true sender. Valid email addresses for all church staff members include their full name followed by @fpch.org. Please delete such emails and don’t reply back or click on any links contained within the message. You can read more information here from the FCC on these types of emails: How to Recognize and Avoid Phishing Scams – FCC.
- Virtual Children’s Sunday School takes place every Sunday at 9:30AM. To sign up, contact Courtney Rominger.
- Office Hours: Director of Children’s and Family Ministries, Courtney Rominger has created an interactive office space where you can stop in at any time. Click on items in her office to leave a prayer request, watch her latest videos, or learn coping skills for kids. Visit now >>
- Do you need help with groceries or rent? Our Deacons have a fund for Emergency Assistance Relief (EAR)? The EAR fund allows our Deacons to help those in our midst with expenses they cannot manage. Typically the Deacons will provide a once a year assistance up to $1,500.00. In the current time, they are also providing grocery gift cards for those who need help due to COVID-19. Your session Elders discussed and approved accepting donations to enlarge this fund at this time so that we can provide assistance to as many amongst us who need it. To APPLY for relief please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To DONATE please write EAR COVID in your check memo, or through our online giving, chose Designated Donation -> Discretionary -> putting EAR COVID in the fund memo box.
- Thank you for your generosity! During this time of isolation your gifts are making a tremendous impact. At the beginning of the stay-at-home mandate we had an appeal for giving to the EAR fund. To date, your generosity has grown the fund to approximately $100,000. With those funds we are helping individuals and families every day. Because of your generosity several of our church families have been able to have basic needs supplied, like food, shelter, and utilities. Thank you!
- Join the Bereans Bible Study Class as they explore the Gospel of John online via Zoom every Wednesday at 7:30 pm. Email John Safoyan for the meeting information and handout.
- Are you in college or in your 20s? Our City Lights bible study meets every Sunday morning from 9:30-10:30 online over Zoom. To join, please email Pastor Joel Larson.
- GriefShare is a grief recovery support group where you can find help and healing for the hurt of losing a loved one. The 13-week workshop meets on Tuesdays from 7 – 9pm. The Spring session starts again on February 23rd and runs through May 18th. Participants are welcome to join at any point. For more information or to sign up, contact Robert Burbank.
- Lamplighters, Christian fellowship for everyone but mainly 70 and above, invites you to join on Sunday mornings at 9:30AM. In December, Dale Bruner will teach on the first three Servant Songs from Isaiah 42: 1-9, 49: 1-7 and 50: 4-9. Class will meet December 6th, 13th, and 20th but not on December 27th between Christmas and New Years. Each session opens at 9:00AM for a time of fellowship before class. To receive the Zoom link, please RSVP to Phillip Horton.
- The Women’s Bible Study is meeting on Zoom on Wednesdays from 9:30-11:00. Email Andrea Knox to join.
- Sign up for our Newsletter to stay updated.
- Giving – There are three ways to give:
Give online here.
Text “Give” to (323) 746-8030
Mail in your offering to the church: FPCH,1760 N. Gower Street, Hollywood, CA 90028