Scrolling down, you will also find the Order of Worship.
Please find this week’s ePres and general Announcements below that.
On Sunday morning before the service click to download
the Order of Worship.
- In-Person Worship: Welcome back! In-person Worship takes place on campus every Sunday morning at 11:00AM in the Sanctuary. The Service features the Cathedral Choir, organ, Praise Band and traditional hymns. All current Covid safety regulations including wearing masks and social distancing will continue to be observed. Children are welcome to attend the Worship Service; there is no in-person childcare at this time. All children older than 2 will need to wear a mask in the Sanctuary.
- We will continue to have our regular, weekly Online Worship Service at 11AM. Click the image above to join or visit the Resources page on our website to view past Sermons.
- FPCH’s own production of “A Christmas Carol” is playing in our holiday-adorned sanctuary, from December 3rd through Dec. 18th. Tickets are available now, via Eventbrite! Click here to claim your tickets, or share the link with friends! Proceeds from ticket sales will be funding new renovations projects for our beautiful FPCH campus!
- We are revitalizing our FPCH Social Media! We have a brand new Instagram page, and we will be updating our preexisting webpages, updating our website, and more! Follow us at Facebook and Instagram for exciting updates and context relating to upcoming church events.
- Weekly Prayer Meeting – Join with us for a sacred and joyful time of prayer every Wednesday evening at 7:00pm over Zoom. For more information, please contact Tom Hartshorn. Click here to join.
- Young Adults Young Adults will be meeting in The Studio (2nd floor of the Missions House) every Wednesday at 7pm for bible study, worship, & fellowship. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram, or contact Joel Larson for more info!
- Children’s Sunday School (for K-6th) is now happening in-person every Sunday during the 11AM service! To sign up, contact the Children’s and Family Ministries Team.
- Youth Group Student Ministries (grades 7-12) meet weekly, in-person, on Sunday mornings starting at 9:30am. Saturday, October 23rd we will be meeting at Moonlight Roller Way in Glendale from 1:30-4:00pm (5110 San Fernando Rd / 91204) Saturday, October 30th we will have a Costume Contest & game night in Mears Center from 3:00-5:30pm.Contact Richard Gomez for more info.
- The Women’s Bible Study meets on Zoom on Wednesdays from 9:30-11:00AM. Email Andrea Knox to join.
- Join the Bereans Bible Study Class as they explore the epistle of James online via Zoom, Thursdays at 7:00PM. Email John Safoyan for the meeting information and handout. Bereans also meets in-person Sundays at 9:15AM in Mears 1 & 2. This Sunday morning, John Safoyan will continue with a verse by verse study through Paul’s letter to the Philippians. Please join us as we search the Scriptures together. Coffee & Bagels will be served.
- GriefShare begins a new 13-week series on Tuesday nights, starting September 21st from 7 to 9PM. The class runs through December 14 and participants may join at any time. Contact Robert Burbank for more information and to sign up.
- Lamplighters meets in-person at 9:30AM in Mears 3 & 4. – In October, Rev. Dr. Mark Roberts will continue a series on the “Third Third of Life” he began during his last visit with us. Read more about our Fall/Winter schedule here. – Sunday, October 31st, at 9:30pm Kay Rustand will be bringing the Crossley Dolls to life again, with a presentation of the Exodus! These Dolls haven’t been seen in years, although they have long been a part of the legacy of FPCH. The Lamplighter Class invites everyone to join us to see presentation and historic church tradition! – For more information, please email Phil Horton.
- Mariners Class meets in-person at 9:30AM in The Cellar – They are currently studying 1st Corinthians together. For more info, contact Tom Clark.
- Women’s Book Club meets over Zoom on October 25th, November 15th at 7:30PM. Our next book is: Everybody Always, Becoming Love in a World of Setbacks and Dfficult People by Bob Goff. For more information or to join, contact Wanda Penner.
- Calling all musicians! Are you interested in serving the church through singing or playing a musical instrument? We would love to explore this with you! It’s a life-giving way to experience fellowship and serve our Lord. We’re looking for various ages and skill levels, so if you’re interested please contact Blake Russell or Worship Coordinator Joletta Sells. We thank you!
- Sign up for our Newsletter to stay updated.
- Giving – There are three ways to give:
Give online here.
Text “Give” to (323) 746-8030
Mail in your offering to the church: FPCH,1760 N. Gower Street, Hollywood, CA 90028
- Do you need help with groceries or rent? Our Deacons have a fund for Emergency Assistance Relief (EAR). The EAR fund allows our Deacons to help those in our midst with expenses they cannot manage. Typically the Deacons will provide a once a year assistance up to $1,500.00. In the current time, they are also providing grocery gift cards for those who need help due to COVID-19. Your session Elders discussed and approved accepting donations to enlarge this fund at this time so that we can provide assistance to as many amongst us who need it. To APPLY for relief please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To DONATE please write EAR COVID in your check memo, or through our online giving, chose Designated Donation -> Discretionary -> putting EAR COVID in the fund memo box.
- Thank you for your generosity! During this time of isolation your gifts are making a tremendous impact. At the beginning of the stay-at-home mandate we had an appeal for giving to the EAR fund. To date, your generosity has grown the fund to approximately $100,000. With those funds we are helping individuals and families every day. Because of your generosity several of our church families have been able to have basic needs supplied, like food, shelter, and utilities. Thank you!
- Please be vigilant about Email Scams. Messages will appear to come from Pastor Tim, a staff member or class leader and will ask for a favor and an immediate reply. Just a reminder, no one on the FPCH staff will ever email you asking you to send money, perform “some tasks” for them, click a link to learn more, or include a vague message asking for a “favor” and for you to respond immediately . You can hover your cursor over the sender’s email address (without clicking it) to view the address of the true sender. Valid email addresses for all church staff members include their full name followed by @fpch.org. Please delete such emails and don’t reply back or click on any links contained within the message. You can read more information here from the FCC on these types of emails: How to Recognize and Avoid Phishing Scams – FCC.