Scrolling down, you will also find the Order of Worship.
Please find this week’s ePres and general Announcements below that.
On Sunday morning before the service click to download
the Order of Worship.
- In-Person Worship: Welcome back! In-person Worship takes place on campus every Sunday morning at 10:00AM in the Sanctuary. The Service features the Cathedral Choir, organ, Praise Band and traditional hymns. All current Covid safety regulations including wearing masks and social distancing will continue to be observed. Children are welcome to attend the Worship Service; there is no in-person childcare at this time. All children older than 2 will need to wear a mask in the Sanctuary.
- We will continue to have our regular, weekly Online Worship Service at 11:00am. Click the image above to join or visit the Resources page on our website to view past Sermons.
- Calling all musicians! Are you interested in serving the church through singing or playing a musical instrument? We would love to explore this with you! It’s a life-giving way to experience fellowship and serve our Lord. We’re looking for various ages and skill levels, so if you’re interested please contact Pastor Joel or Worship Coordinator Joletta Sells. We thank you!
- Young Adults meet every Thursday at 7:30pm in The Studio for a time of discussion and fellowship. Participants will view episodes of “The Chosen” and discuss them as they relate to scripture. Participants also meet on Sundays after the 10AM Worship service. On July 11 and August 8, participants meet for a potluck lunch in The Studio. On July 25, high school students join young adults for a beach/surf day at Manhattan Beach. A second beach day will be held on August 15 and the summer series culminates on August 29 with a picnic and hike in Griffith Park.
- Virtual Children’s Sunday School takes place every Sunday throughout the summer at 9:00AM. To sign up, contact the Children’s and Family Ministries Team.
- Student Ministries, for youth in junior high and high school, now meets weekly in-person on the FPCH campus on Sunday mornings starting at 8:45am. Youth will be back in our normal space inside the Middle Terrace, but for the time being we will continue to require proper mask usage and social distancing. We are currently looking at the gospel of John and his unique portrayal of the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus. Please contact Nelson Steinert to sign-up.
- The Women’s Bible Study meets on Zoom on Wednesdays from 9:30-11:00AM. Email Andrea Knox to join.
- Join the Bereans Bible Study Class as they explore the Gospel of John online via Zoom, Thursdays at 7:00PM with Jesse Corti leading. Email John Safoyan for the meeting information and handout. Bereans also meets in-person Sundays at 11:15AM (immediately following the 10:00AM Service) in Mears 1 & 2. John Safoyan will be teaching a 6 week series examining “The Essential Tenets.” Session adopted The Essential Tenets as the Holiness and Leadership Statement for FPCH in February 2021. This class will also be available live online via Zoom and video recorded for later viewing. Email John for either the live Zoom info or the recorded video. All current Covid safety regulations such as masking and social distancing will be observed .
- Are you in college or in your 20s? Our City Lights bible study meets in-person every Sunday after the worship service from 11:30AM – 1:00PM. To join or for more details, please email Pastor Joel Larson.
- Lamplighters: Starting June 27th, Lamplighters class moves to a Summer schedule and will meet in-person at 11:30AM in Mears 3 & 4. On June 27, Karen Covell will give an update about the Hollywood Prayer Network. In July, John Safoyan will be teaching all five Sundays, taking us on a journey of John’s teachings to the Galatians. For more information, please email Phil Horton.
- Sign up for our Newsletter to stay updated.
- Giving – There are three ways to give:
Give online here.
Text “Give” to (323) 746-8030
Mail in your offering to the church: FPCH,1760 N. Gower Street, Hollywood, CA 90028
- Do you need help with groceries or rent? Our Deacons have a fund for Emergency Assistance Relief (EAR). The EAR fund allows our Deacons to help those in our midst with expenses they cannot manage. Typically the Deacons will provide a once a year assistance up to $1,500.00. In the current time, they are also providing grocery gift cards for those who need help due to COVID-19. Your session Elders discussed and approved accepting donations to enlarge this fund at this time so that we can provide assistance to as many amongst us who need it. To APPLY for relief please email email@example.com. To DONATE please write EAR COVID in your check memo, or through our online giving, chose Designated Donation -> Discretionary -> putting EAR COVID in the fund memo box.
- Thank you for your generosity! During this time of isolation your gifts are making a tremendous impact. At the beginning of the stay-at-home mandate we had an appeal for giving to the EAR fund. To date, your generosity has grown the fund to approximately $100,000. With those funds we are helping individuals and families every day. Because of your generosity several of our church families have been able to have basic needs supplied, like food, shelter, and utilities. Thank you!
- Please be vigilant about Email Scams. Messages will appear to come from Pastor Tim, a staff member or class leader and will ask for a favor and an immediate reply. Just a reminder, no one on the FPCH staff will ever email you asking you to send money, perform “some tasks” for them, click a link to learn more, or include a vague message asking for a “favor” and for you to respond immediately . You can hover your cursor over the sender’s email address (without clicking it) to view the address of the true sender. Valid email addresses for all church staff members include their full name followed by @fpch.org. Please delete such emails and don’t reply back or click on any links contained within the message. You can read more information here from the FCC on these types of emails: How to Recognize and Avoid Phishing Scams – FCC.